Heart of Giving
We strive to transform the community here in East Knoxville. The heart and soul of the Shora Foundation are its volunteers, but the foundation is based on the “heart of giving” mentality. The transformation of a community requires a commitment of more than nice platitudes. It requires the action of donations from individuals and the business community. The strength and the future of our communities of East Knoxville rely on our volunteers and the generosity of our donors. For in them is a love to see a struggling child transition into one of our future leaders. Every child is valuable and worth the investment of time, learning resources, and emotional development activities. Shora helps children learn development skills with other children in a safe environment. Shora is transforming the community one life at a time in the East Knoxville area.
Partnering With Us
At Shora our partners are so important, and we accomplish a lot together. We are so very thankful, especially to Logan Temple Church, who allows us to use their facility to house our out-of-school-time programming. Shora is also proud to be a 21st Century Community Learning Center, awarded by the State of Tennessee Department of Education.
How You Can Help
- One-Time Gift
- These are gifts made to be in a small or large amount. All donations are appreciated.
- Recurring Donations
- These are gifts made to be repeating or recurring weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or even annual basis in small or large amounts. These kinds of Donations help Shora to effectively plan their upcoming budgets and are very much appreciated.
- Any amount of recurring donation.
- Individual or Business Donations
- Shora is a 501c3 organization, so your donation can be deductible (see your tax preparer).
Other Ways To Support
Shop at smile.amazon.com and choose Shora Foundation as your supporting organization. 0.5% of your approved purchases will be given back to the organization.
You can volunteer your time. We are looking for individuals to volunteer in an after-school program working directly with students or helping with administrative tasks. Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.